The term rehabilitation refers to the process of restoring an individual to a normal life, by providing him with the necessary care and support. Rehabilitation services include both medical and psychological assistance. The former includes physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy and social work, while the latter deals with counseling and psychotherapy. Rehabilitation services are provided in hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centre in India and community centers.
The need for rehabilitation
There is a need for rehabilitation services in every society, due to the fact that people have different levels of needs. There are various factors that contribute to this need. For instance, in a developing country like the India, there is a high rate of alcoholism, drug addiction and mental illness. These problems can be tackled by selecting the best rehabilitation centre in India.
Types of rehabilitation services
There are two types of rehabilitation services: short-term and long-term. Short-term services are meant for people who are in acute crisis and need immediate help. Long-term services are meant for those who need continuous care and support.
Short term services
Short-term services include emergency services, intensive care, psychiatric care, and emergency medical services. Emergency services are meant for people who need immediate medical attention. Intensive care facilities provide round-the-clock medical care for people who are critically ill. Psychiatric care provides special treatment for people suffering from severe mental disorders. Emergency medical services provide treatment for victims of accidents, injuries or poisoning.
Long term services
Long term services include daycare, vocational training, and educational programs. Daycare facilities provide basic support to children who have been abandoned by their parents. Vocational training is aimed at improving the skills of individuals so that they can find employment. Educational programs are meant for students who have failed in school and need additional support to improve their academic performance.
How to select the right rehab center
It is very important to select the right rehab center because it will have a direct impact on the outcome of the treatment. Therefore, you should consider the following points before selecting a rehab center:
• The location of the rehab center: It is advisable to choose a center located near your home so that you can easily visit it.
• The reputation of the center: You should ask around about the reputation of the center. If the center has a good reputation, then it means that it has treated many patients successfully.
• The qualifications of the staff: You should check whether the staff of the center is qualified or not. It is better to choose a center that has highly qualified staff members so that they can provide quality services.
• The cost of the treatment: The cost of the treatment is another important factor to be considered. You should compare the cost of the treatments offered by different centers.
• The success rate of the treatment: You should also check the success rate of the treatment. The success rate indicates how many patients have improved after the treatment.
• The facility of the center: You should check the facilities provided by the center. You should choose a center which has all the necessary facilities.
Icare Foundation is one the best rehabilitation centre in Mumbai for alcoholics and drug addicts.